Tough Mudder Alberta 2015
Over 5500 Mudders signed up for Tough Mudder Alberta 2015 in the badlands setting of Drumheller Alberta. with 4800 on Saturday starting in heats between 8am and 1:45pm and over 750 on Sunday, between 9 and 10am. The cold rainy weather all weekend lead to extremely muddy course conditions for the second edition of Tough Mudder Alberta, adding to the event experience, causing everyone to slide all over the place, but also making hypothermia a factor. This presented a great opportunity to test drive my World’s Toughest Mudder wetsuit.
Obstacles at Tough Mudder Alberta:
- Kiss of Mud 2.0
- Soggy Bottom
- Skid Marked – tall inverted wall
- Devil’s Beird
- Abseil – we came across a few of these on course
- Cliff Hanger
- Hold your Wood – log carry
- Death March
- Cry Baby – Where Mudders crawled through a steamy
chamber, unable to see anything
- Warrior Carry – Which most Mudders walked by without knowing it was there due to no volunteers being present.
- Berlin Walls
- Mud Slide
- Funky Monkey 2.0 – Where Mudders attempted a series of slippery monkey bars, to a swinging monkey bar to a horizontal tube shimmy – This was the most technical obstacle on course
- Swamp Stomp
- Balls to the Wall – Where the muddy rope made this obstacle trickey
- Everest 2.0 – again featuring slippery rope and where help from fellow Mudders was often needed
- Dead Ringer
- Electro Shock Therapy
My Suunto Ambit 3 Peak edition GPS Watch, set to maximum accuracy measured 15.38 KMS or 9.55 miles with 902 meters or 2959 feet of elevation gain, with many slippery hill climbs.
received a grey cotton Tough Mudder finisher’s T-Shirt, coveted orange Tough
Mudder headband, Mudder Legionnaires received an additional headband with a color that corresponds to the number of Tough Mudders completed and a free Shocktop beer
in the beer gardens but it was too cold and wet for most.
Follow me on Twitter and Instagram, @AdamKwitko is my handle.